Sunday, June 05, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

My family owns a cottage on a lake in northern Michigan. Interesting fact: my dad has been going to this cottage since he was a middle schooler (I think) with his own family. We just bought it from my grandparents a few years ago and have been doing some pretty major renovations on it, but thankfully most of the work is completed and we were able to spend a lot of time relaxing over Memorial Day weekend. These are some shots I took on our boat! Enjoy!

Kim and Kev before He jumped in the water

Kevin AFTER he jumped in... what a great face! The water was SO cold!

He kept making crazy faces because the water was so frigid, and when I told him to actually smile, this is all he could muster... Haha!

Once he got up and out of the water though, Kevin quickly proved that the cold was no detriment to his incredible skills. He's quite impressive to watch!


Then came Matt's turn... He thought the water would be more tolerable if he just jumped in really fast instead of lowering himself in slowly like Kevin did... I think he regretted that decision! 

A little bit of apprehension at the start... I thought the water and rope elements of this picture make up for his facial expression! 

And now I have to apologize... Matt, these pictures were too funny not to put up! 

Matt had already cut in and out of the wake several times and he was just starting to get his bearings on the skis again when suddenly, things started to happen that weren't according to plan...

Whoa now...

Hang on Matt! He knows something's not right...

Oh no!! He's leaning!

And he's down!! 

Splash!!

In all truthfulness, Matt is a very good skier and even better on the wakeboard. 

Woohoo! Way to go Matt!! Love you bro!

1 comment: